Inaugural meeting of IGU-IAG Joint Commission/Working Group on Anthropocene Geomorphology
Reminder of the Inaugural meeting of IGU-IAG Joint Commission/Working Group on: Anthropocene Geomorphology: Geo-archaeology, Geomorphology and Society
Date: 7-8 April 2018 (before EGU)
Venue: Vienna University, Department of Geography, Universitätsstrasse 7, 1010 Vienna
- to kick off the activities of the new commission;
- to address the importance to society
- to plan activities for the next four years
If you are interested to join the meeting and/or the IGU-IAG joint commission/working group, contact Prof. Jiun-Chuan Lin (email@example.com) and Margreth Keiler (firstname.lastname@example.org). We will accept 30-40 participants to join the meeting.
Program of the meeting:
Workshop on Saturday April 7th 2018
|9:00-9:15||Welcome and Introduction to the meeting|
|9:15- 10:30||Block 1: 5 min input of each participant (max. 1 slide) to following questions (we will take notes)
· What are your main research topics in the context of geomorphology and society?
· Why are you interested to contribute to the joint IGU/IAG commission on …?
|11:00-12:15||Block 2: 5 min input of each participant|
|12:15-12:30||Summary of expertise and interests to contribute to IGU/IAG commission – Short discussion|
|13:30-14:40||World Café Discussion:
· Introduction and aims to/of world café discussion (10 min)
· Which are the main topics we would like to have addressed and focused on in the joint commission à aims (15 min)
· How can we cooperate within the joint commission to reach the different aims (15 min)
· What should be the output of the joint commission after four years? How can we disseminate the results (15 min)
· Preparation of poster answering the three questions (15 min)
|14:40 -15:00||Short coffee break|
|15:00-15:45||5-7 min presentation of the results by different groups|
|15:45-16:30||Overall discussion and summary of different results|
|16:30-17:00||Discussion next steps|
|19:00-||· Conference dinner|
Field trip on Sunday April 8th 2018
- Topics are general introduction to geological and geomorphological setting, human-nature interactions (agriculture, settlement development), floods, fluvial terraces and valley development.During the field trip we will first use public transport to the foothills of the Vienna forest (overview of Vienna and beyond), walk downhill towards the city to the Danube River, and take public transport to further stops.
- Participants should register for this meeting and prepare their presentation in one ppt slide (5 minutes talk max.)
- Registration is free. However participants need to arrange their own accommodation and lunch during workshop.
- There is a dinner on 7 April, please book with the registration form if you are available to join.