IAG Working Groups 2017-2021
With reference to IAG Working Groups 2017-2021, resolutions of the IAG Council held in New Delhi on 10 November 2017 concerning new and continuing WGs are that:
NEW WORKING GROUPS HAVE BEEN APPROVED:
- IGU-IAG Commission/Working Group: ‘Anthropocene Geomorphology: Geoarchaeology, Geomorphology and Society’ Both IAG and IGU earlier groups will participate.
- Denudation and Environmental Changes in Different Morphoclimatic Zones (DENUCHANGE) – Promoter: Achim BEYLICH (Norway).
- Advancing theory and modeling of river systems – Promoters: Heqing Huang (China), Paul Carling (UK), Ian Rutherfurd (Australia).
CONTINUING WORKING GROUPS HAVE BEEN APPROVED:
- Landform Assessment for Geodiversity – Chairs: Zbigniew Zwoliński (Poland), Marco Giardino (Italy)
- Submarine Geomorphology – Chairs: Aaron Micallef (Malta), Sebastian Krastel (Germany)
- Tropical Rivers – Chair: Edgardo Latrubesse (USA)
- Red Beds and Danxia Geomorphology – Chair: Peng Hua (China)
- Rocky Coasts Geomorphology – Chairs: Stefano Furlani (Italy), Luís Gómez-Pujol (Spain), Matt Strzelecki (Poland)
- Geomorphosites – Chairs: Paola Coratza (Italy) and Fabien Hoblea (France)
- Planetary Geomorphology – Chair to be defined
- Tectonic Geomorphology – Chair: Peter Van Der Beek (France)
- Geomorphological Hazards (IAGGEOMHAZ) – Chairs: Bianca Carvalho Vieira (Brazil), Mihai Micu (Romania)