SEDIBUD Working Group – WORKSHOPS
Additionally to the ESF SEDIFLUX Science Meetings in Durham, UK, December 15th-19th, 2005 (including a first Kick-Off Meeting of SEDIBUD) and Trondheim, Norway, October 29th – November 02nd, 2006 (this will be the first main Workshop of IAG SEDIBUD), three further IAG SEDIBUD Workshops in three different countries will be organized. Due to the one-year overlap between ESF SEDIFLUX and IAG SEDIBUD (2006) IAG SEDIBUD can receive full benefit from ESF SEDIFLUX and its activities. All ESF SEDIFLUX members (currently more than 300 members from 35 countries worldwide) participate in the global SEDIBUD programme and are invited to participate in SEDIBUD Workshops and SEDIBUD Sessions at Conferences. Also other scientists are welcome to participate. The SEDIBUD Workshops and Sessions will be widely announced via global newsletters. The SEDIBUD Workshops will be held at locations close to significant SEDIBUD Key Test Sites and will include field visits to these Key Test Sites for discussion and evaluation of ongoing monitoring programmes – following guidelines and protocols provided by the SEDIFLUX Manual.
- 2006: First SEDIBUD Workshop, Trondheim, Norway, October 29 – Novemebr 2, 2006
- 2007: Second SEDIBUD Workshop, Abisko, Sweden, September 15-19, 2007; with visits to Latnjavagge and Karkevagge.
- 2008: Third SEDIBUD Workshop, September 9-13, 2008, at the Mountain Research Station of the Institute of Arctic, Antarctic and Alpine Research, Boulder. Colorado, USA; with visit to Niwot Ridge
- 2009: Fourth SEDIBUD Workshop, Kingston, Canada, 13-16 October 2009
- 2010: Fifth SEDIBUD Workshop, in Iceland, September 2010 (more information will follow soon)
All Workshops will contain technical paper and poster sessions as well as Working Group sessions. During the Workshops ongoing monitoring programmes – following guidelines and protocols provided by the SEDIFLUX Manual – will be evaluated and discussed.