IAG started to systematically deal with TRAINING activities for YOUNG GEOMORPHOLOGISTS after the Tokyo International Conference on Geomorphology (2001).
YOUNG GEOMORPHOLOGISTS are post-graduates, Master and PhD students, young researchers (normally <35 years old) focusing their interest on Geomorphology and Physical Geography.
Since 2002 IAG has supported 135 YOUNG GEOMORPHOLOGISTS from 50 countries.
GRANTS have been offered to favour their participation in:
- IAG conferences/workshops/symposia/courses
- events held under the auspices of IAG
- joint initiatives with other associations/institutions
Training activities supported by IAG are aiming to help Young Geomorphologists to:
- increase their knowledge and experience in geomorphological research
- discuss their learning and research experience with young colleagues from different countries
- meet experienced scientists and young researchers in an informal setting, which favours scientific discussion
Organizers of geomorphological conferences, symposia, workshops and intensive courses willing to have IAG grants included in their event programme are expected to:
submit proposals to the IAG Executive Committee possibly ONE YEAR IN ADVANCE
Events including Intensive Courses for Young Geomorphologists normally have priority
The Organizers of the selected events are expected to waive the registration fee to the IAG-grant holders.