International Geomorphology Week 2022
International Geomorphology Week is 28 February to 4th March 2022. Its aim is to promote geomorphology in all its forms, and mobilise the geomorphological community. Any geomorphology-themed activities held during this week can be declared a part of the International Geomorphology Week.
IAG Regional webinars
Please join us for one or more of the IAG’s regional webinars, registration is at our Eventbrite page. Countries listed indicate the National Scientific Members to which the anticipated speakers belong, but anyone from any country is welcome to attend any webinar!
- Monday 28 Feb 08:00 CET Africa (Cameroon, Congo-Brazzaville, Egypt, Ghana, Ivory Coast, Kenya, Nigeria, Rwanda, Senegal, South Africa, Tunisia) and the programme is here.
- Monday 28 Feb 12:00 CET Central-Eastern Europe (Belarus, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Estonia, Greece, Hungary, Poland, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Slovak Republic, Slovenia, Ukraine) and the programme is here.
- Tuesday 1st March 18:00 CET (09:00 PST / 12:00 EDT) North America (Canada and USA) and the provisional programme is here.
- Wednesday 2nd March 01:00 CET (09:00 JST, 11:00 AEDT, 13:00 NZDT) East/Southeast Asia and Oceania (China, Indonesia, Japan, Myanmar, the Philippines, Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan, Vietnam, Australia and New Zealand) and the programme is here.
- Wednesday 2nd March 10:00 CET (09:00 UTC) Iberia, Italy and Malta (Spain, Portugal, Italy, Malta) and the programme is here.
- Wednesday 2nd March 13:00 CET (09:00 UTC-3) South & Central America (Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Ecuador, Mexico, Paraguay, Peru, Uruguay, Venezuela) and the programme is here in English and here in Portuguese/Spanish.
- Thursday 3rd March 07:30 CET (13:00 IST) South & West Asia (Bangladesh, India, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Nepal, Sri Lanka, Turkey, United Arab Emirates) and the programme is here.
- Thursday 3rd March 14:00 CET Central & Western Europe (Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Switzerland) and the programme is here.
- Friday 4th March 09:00 CET Northern Europe (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway, Sweden, Ireland, UK) and the programme is here.
Please let us know about any event you are running associated with International Geomorphology Week!
- Tuesday February 22nd: World Wetlands Day organised by the Southern African Association of Geomorphologists. More information here.
- Tuesday March 1st: 1st GeoVT Multiplier Event from the Harokopio University, Greece (online, 9:00 CET). Focused on the use of virtual reality technologies for training in geosciences. Find the flyer here and the schedule here.
- Tuesday March 1st: AIGeo – as the IAG Urban Geomorphology Working Group – virtual round table (10:00 CET). More information in English and Italian here.
- Tuesday March 1st: IAG Working Group DENUCHANGE virtual public round table (15:00 – 17:00 CET) – find the programme here.
- Wednesday March 2nd: Glacial Geomorphology session of the Polish Edition of the International Geomorphology Week (10:00 – 13:15 CET). Event given in polish, and organised by the Commission on Glacial Geomorphology of the Association of Polish Geomorphologists (SGP) and the Nicolaus Copernicus University. More information here (in polish).
- Wednesday March 2nd: online research lecture “A Framework for Understanding Cascading Disasters” (14:00 – 16:00 CET), organised by the Bath Spa University. More information here.
- Thursday March 3rd: Fluvial session of the Polish Edition of the International Geomorphology Week (17:00 – 19:20 CET). Find the flyer here, and find more information here.
- Friday March 4th: Coastal session of the Polish Edition of the International Geomorphology Week (10:00 – 13:30 CET). Find the flyer here, and find more information here.
- Friday March 4th: Presentation of the book “La Geomorfologia di Palermo” (17:00 CET), at the Museum of Geology G. G. Gemmellaro. Find more information in italian here.
- Tuesday March 8th: 2nd Women in Geomorphology Workshop. Find the detailed program here.