IAG Grants for the 10th International Conference on Geomorphology (Coimbra, Portugal), 12-16 September 2022
The 10th International Conference on Geomorphology (ICG 2022) is organised on 12-16 September by the IAG, the Portuguese Association of Geomorphologists (APGeom), co-organised by the Centre of Studies in Geography and Spatial Planning (CEGOT), the Department of Geography and Tourism (University of Coimbra) and the Department of Earth Sciences (University of Coimbra), and co-sponsored by the European Geoscience Union (EGU) – find details here.
The IAG, the EGU and the French Geomorphology Group (GFG) offer respectively 15,000€, 6,000€ and 1,500€ as grants for Young Geomorphologists to attend this event in person. Note that:
- priority will be given to Young Geomorphologists from less-favoured countries worldwide, and to applicants who intend to participate in the Intensive Course for Young Geomorphologists;
- applications from candidates who already received one or more IAG grants totaling 500€ or more in the past 3 years will not be eligible;
- in recognition of the outstanding research carried out by the French geomorphologist Jean Tricart (1920-2003) in Latin America, Africa and Asia, one of the grant holders from these regions will be designated as the Tricart Scholar.
Candidates for this IAG Grant are requested to submit the following files before 15th May:
- application form (.doc / .pdf);
- copy of valid passport of identity card;
- short CV (maximum 2 pages long), including up to 10 papers related to the Conference themes;
- abstract submitted (or to be submitted) to the Conference.
Files should be submitted to:
Marta Della Seta, IAG Training Officer
email@example.com (e-mail subject: “IAG Grant – ICG Coimbra 2022”)
The selection of candidates will be carried out by a Commission appointed by the IAG Executive Committee. For further information on the IAG Grants, feel free to contact the IAG Training Officer.